2015年9月3日木曜日

Recommendations with flexibility

source: FlyerTalk Forums - Mileage Run Discussion


So here's where I'm at...I've used a couple searches and HAD something kinda lined up, but the price disappeared 2-3 days after showing up. So I'm gonna just wait for now, but I'm looking for possible options or better yet a search engine that can solve this for me.

I can fly from YVR/YEG/YYC > 10:00am on Mar 23, 2016...going anywhere. I can fly in the days after, but then it cuts the vacation shorter as well.

Anywhere -> DFW (or DAL) Apr 1. I wanna arrive no later than about 4pm on Apr 2.

DFW-YVR/YEG/YYC, Apr 5, need to arrive before 1500 to be able to make a flight back to work in YMM.

My other criteria are I would REALLY prefer it was on Star Alliance, or at least mostly (unless there's some amazing deal), getting as many segments in as possible and based on prices I've seen with multiple destinations I've tried <$1500 CAD in Y.

I had YVR-HND-MNL-NRT-SFO-DFW-SFO-YVR lined up, first I was checking out SIN but then the price kinda went up and I found the MNL one which was $1440ish for like 2 days when ITA was down for most of it, then when I went to book it last night google flights wouldn't let me click through to UA, now today the same fare is $1770...sooo pass. I would like to fly on a 747 as well if possible, even a crappy UA one, it's a bit of a bucket list item.

I love Google flights open ended option, but the problem is there's no way to do that with multi city. ITA will let me put in 5 destinations, which I have been doing but the results are often a bit misleading. For instance...I found a combination, 2 separate tickets. YVR-PEK-MNL-PEK-YVR on CA (with a free 1 day stopover in PEK possible, which would be cool) then YVR-YYZ-DFW-SFO-YVR on AC or AC/UA. Total cost was around $1505, but prices to way higher when thrown together all as one.

Any suggestions? I don't want anyone to work too hard on this, but if there's a search engine that'll do what I'm looking for I don't know about it! Regions to check on for that time of the year? Advice? I'm wondering if it's best to put in IAH rather than DFW then maybe trying to sort out a quick return ticket between the two.

Or maybe the best advice is just to wait!? I'm not in a huge rush to book this, planning it out is fun for me and I know I'm going to be in DFW for those few days so everything else is just to piggyback off of already being on days off.

Thanks folks!